Financial Times/IFC Transformational Business Awards 2020
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Financial Times/IFC Transformational Business Awards 2020. The Awards highlight ground-breaking, long-term private sector solutions to major development issues, with the core categories directly related to global efforts to achieve the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
The focus of the Award is on specific projects and transactions and the impact those initiatives have or promise to have on the problems they are targeting. While the focus of all categories is on transformational impact in developing economies, the awards are also open to projects that address similar market deficiencies in the developed world and that could be replicated in severely under-supplied regions.
The aim is to recognise, showcase and reward private sector innovation, impact, replicability, financial viability and sustainability across a number of key areas identified in the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Core categories for 2020
- Transformational Solutions in Urban Infrastructure
- Transformational Solutions in Food, Water and Land
- Transformational Solutions in Health, Wellness and Disease Prevention
- Transformational Solutions in Education, Knowledge and Skills
- Special Award: Innovating for the Most Vulnerable and Disadvantaged
- Overall Awards for 2020
- Excellence in Disruptive Technologies
- Excellence in Climate Solutions
- Excellence in Transformational Finance and Impact Investing
- Excellence in Transformational Business
If your entry is shortlisted in one of the awards categories:
- Your organisation and the initiative that has been shortlisted will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- You will be invited to attend the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards dinner, where the winners in each category will be announced.
- All short-listed entries are presented in detail at the Awards dinner before the winners are revealed. You will also be able to network with other organisations short-listed for the awards.
If the judging panel selects your entry as a winner in one of the categories:
- Your organisation and the award-winning initiative will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- A summary of your entry will be featured on the Awards website
- Open to all financial and non-financial private sector organisations. Start-ups with innovative solutions and a clear roadmap to financial sustainability are encouraged to apply. On the financing side, special attention will be given to entries that embrace best practice in impact investing.
- They welcome entries from productive sector companies, investment institutions and advisory firms involved in projects addressing key challenges in urbanisation, climate, education, healthcare, technology, food and water security, and inclusion with respect to developing economies, including:
- Infrastructure developers
- Energy companies
- Engineering companies
- Technology companies
- Healthcare providers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Design houses
- Pension funds
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Life insurance companies
- Impact investors
- Private equity firms
- Investment banks
- Fund managers
For more information, visit FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards.