Spanish National Cancer Research Centre Summer Training Programme 2020 for Undergraduate Students (Funded to Spain)
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Applications for the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre Summer Training Programme 2020 are now open. The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO; Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas), in Madrid, Spain, offers research training opportunities to students of all nationalities interested in pursuing a research career in the Biomedicine and Life Sciences during summer time.
Up to 7 summer training positions will be awarded during 2020 to university students from any country who study in the Biomedical & Life Sciences or related fields.
Each student will be matched with a specific laboratory based on the student’s interest and background. The student will be working under the supervision of the group/unit leader or a member of the research group. The participants will attend a series of seminars given by faculty members and researchers from the CNIO. Students will be required to present the results of their summer projects at the end of the programme.
- Travel expenses and meals at the CNIO cafeteria will be covered for summer training programme students during their stay at the centre.
- In addition, students without public health assistance benefits in Spain will be covered with a private health insurance provided by the CNIO for the same period of time (8 weeks).
- You must have passed at least 2/3 of the total credit points (courses or exams) required for a Life Sciences or Biomedicine-related undergraduate degree (in any country).
- You must maintain your undergraduate student status throughout the whole summer programme (June 22 to August 14, 2020).
- You must have an excellent academic record with a Grade Point Average (GPA) above 0.75 (with your GPA as the numerator and the highest possible GPA as the denominator).
- You must have a good knowledge of English.
- You must be available from June 22 to August 14 (8 weeks) to attend the training programme. If you cannot be at the CNIO during this period, you will not be eligible for the programme.
Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to send the following documents by e-mail to [email protected]:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Copy of an official Transcript of Records, Academic Transcript or Certification, stating the number of credits passed.
- Copy of the National Identity Card or Passport.
- Proof of having a valid health insurance, whether public or private, during the whole summer stay. Citizens from countries issuing the European Health Card (EHC), including Spanish nationals, must present this documentation.
For more information, visit CNIO Summer Training Programme.