Young Health Programme Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit 2020 (Fully-funded to Munich, Germany)
Deadline: March 29, 2020
Applications are open for the Young Health Programme Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit 2020 taking place from 14 – 17 October 2020 in Munich! Are you a young leader committed to addressing health & wellbeing? Apply now!
Through the Young Health Programme (YHP), AstraZeneca works to engage and empower young people with information so that they can make healthy choices today that will lead to better health later in life. Youth are at the heart of YHP’s activities providing young people with a powerful voice in identifying their own health needs as well as planning and delivering solutions.
This year, AstraZeneca is collaborating with One Young World to offer 21 scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany. In addition to attending the Summit, YHP scholars will participate in a pre-Summit skills-building workshop to meet the delegation, share information about their background and get prepared for what will be an incredible experience in Munich.
One Young World’s annual Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counselled by influential political, business and humanitarian leaders such as Justin Trudeau, Paul Polman and Meghan Markle, amongst many other global figures. Every year, One Young World runs a number of scholarship programmes which provide funding for young leaders to attend a One Young World Summit.
The scholarship includes:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
- Access to an exclusive Youth Health Programme pre-Summit workshop.
- Hotel accommodation in Munich on a shared basis between 12 and 17 (inclusive) October, 2020.
- Return air or rail travel for scholars living outside of Germany.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner between 12 and 17 October.
- Ground transportation between Summit venues in Munich.
- Discretionary funds to cover reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with getting to and from the Summit. These can be claimed by Scholars after the Summit.
- Reimbursement of Schengen visa application fee (if applicable).
- Reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket expenses connected with travelling to and from the Summit.
- Reimbursement of Schengen visa application fee (if applicable). Please note that scholars will be required to pay the visa application and insurance fees themselves. They will then be able to apply for a reimbursment from One Young World. Expenses will be reimbursed within three months of the Summit.
This scholarship is intended for young leaders who are aged 18 – 30 and are able to demonstrate:
- Evidenced commitment to addressing health and wellbeing in a local, national or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and/or social determinants of health programming.
- Leadership ability in championing and galvanising stakeholders around their chosen cause or issue.
- A capacity for innovation and problem solving that is entrepreneurial and values-driven.
- Concern for local and global issues.
- Experience of working towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration.
For more information, visit One Young World.