Commonwealth100 Online Leadership Development Programme 2020
Apply to participate in Commonwealth100 – a free, crowd-sourced, experiential, online leadership development programme that aims to equip a new generation of young leaders from the Commonwealth with skills relevant to the 21st century, with the Open Source Leadership model.
Open Source Leadership was crowdsourced from and co-created by 1000 young leaders across the Commonwealth in 2017 and identifies five key areas of development crucial for 21st-century leadership. Open Source Leaders are: Awake, Interconnected, Trustworthy, Quick, and Accessible.
The programme runs every 2 months for seven weeks and can be completed in your own time. This is your opportunity to gain practical skills for the future. Everyone who completes Commonwealth100 receives the Open Source Leadership Badge: an online certification you can use to set yourself apart, as a 21st Century leader by adding it to your LinkedIn profile and online CV.
Commonwealth100 Programme Outcomes–
- Produce a more socially-conscious generation of leaders
- Create a network of young leaders in touch with each other
- Foster current and future global partnerships between young leaders
- Frame a fresh, bold, principled, networked Commonwealth of the future.
How does it work?
Using an online platform, you will hear stories from senior and emerging leaders who have had to lead complex change. You will take part in interactive exercises and discussions with peers from across the Commonwealth. And you will read compelling articles, which explore the skills you need to be successful in the 21st century.
- This is your opportunity to gain practical skills for the future, reflect upon your own leadership style, and move forward with a new perspective on how to make the most positive impact.
- This gives you a chance to interact and connect with peers and young professionals all across the Commonwealth.
- What’s more, everyone who completes Commonwealth100 receives the Open Source Leadership Badge; an online badge you can use to set yourself apart as a 21st Century leader.
You can put the badge on your CV, LinkedIn and online profiles.
- Commonwealth100 is open to young people, aged 18+.
- You may be at the beginning of your career or in Higher or Further Education.
Upcoming programme dates are:
- 6 March – 24 April 2020
- 1 May – 19 June 2020
- 3 July – 21 August 2020
This will continue to run in a similar pattern through 2020.
For more information, visit Commonwealth100.