Transboundary Rivers of South Asia (TROSA) Summer School 2020 – Mahakali Region, Nepal
Deadline: March 10, 2020
Applications are open for the Transboundary Rivers of South Asia (TROSA) Summer School 2020 – Mahakali Region, Nepal. The Summer School aims to expose candidates to discourses on inclusive water governance.
The primary focus is on discussing ways to regionalise and localise sustainable development in South Asia and examine the relevance of scales, actors and practices associated with inclusive water governance.
Aiming to offer an overview of the changing international water policy context and the emerging practices from the region, the candidates will get an opportunity to engage with an interdisciplinary team of experts working on transboundary water issues. There shall be a brief visit to a field site, where candidates get an opportunity to engage with the community.
- The Summer School will support the participation costs of selected candidates. Self-sponsored participants are expected to cover their accommodation and travel costs. Self-sponsored participants may approach other development partners or projects for possible support. You may indicate your need for financial assistance on the application.
- Interested and eligible applicants are required to have a university degree in water or environmental sciences, international relations, hydrology, sociology or geography or a related field.
- Applicants should be citizens of Bangladesh, Nepal, India, Myanmar, Bhutan. TROSA and partners are currently working in river basins in these countries.
- Applications from other Asian countries will be considered on merit basis.
- Applicants should be less than 35 years of age at the time of application.
- All sessions at the Summer School will be conducted in English.
- Applicants are expected to share relevant case studies and examples from their work.Participants are expected to complete and review reading materials prior to the workshop.
Please submit the following documents to apply for the Summer School:
- Application Form
- A CV (not more than 2 pages) and the contact information of two references.
- A letter of motivation (description of past and current work as well as your suitability for the Summer School)
- One letter of recommendation from your supervisor or place of work.
- Please indicate visa requirements in the applications. The organisers will provide a letter of selection, including funding support and are unable to provide any additional assistance in the support of visa application.
For more information, visit TROSA Summer School.