Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2020/2021 for Young Professionals to Study in a UK University
Deadline: May 4, 2020
Applications for the Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships 2020 /2021 are now open. The Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships are offered for citizens of certain developing Commonwealth countries. The purpose of the scholarships are to contribute to development needs of Commonwealth countries by providing training for skilled and qualified professionals in key development areas.
These scholarships are funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), with the aim of contributing to the UK’s international development aims and wider overseas interests, supporting excellence in UK higher education, and sustaining the principles of the Commonwealth.
- A Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship covers tuition fees and study grants where required.
To be eligible for a Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarship, candidates should:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard. A lower qualification and sufficient relevant experience may be considered in certain cases.
- Be unable to afford to study the programme without this scholarship.
Selection criteria include:
- Academic merit of the candidate
- Potential impact of the work on the development of the candidate’s home country
Your application must include the following supporting documentation by 16:00 (GMT) on May 4, 2020 in order for your application to be eligible for consideration:
- At least one reference– submitted directly by the referee to the online application system (referees will be sent an email request)
- An offer letter to start their chosen course of study in the 2020-2021 academic year – uploaded to the online application system
- Full transcripts detailing all your higher education qualifications (with certified translations if not in English) – uploaded to the online application system
Supporting documentation uploaded to the online application system must be uploaded as files that are no more than 5 MB in size and must be in one of the following formats: PDF, .doc, .docx, .odt, .jpg, .jpeg. Files submitted in any other format (including Zip files and PDF Portfolios) will NOT be accepted.
For more information, visit Commonwealth Distance Learning Scholarships.