Leading The Middle East Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2020 (Fully-funded to Munich, Germany)
Deadline: May 29, 2020
Are you an outstanding young leader from The Middle East who is devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region? Apply for the Leading The Middle East Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2020.
The Middle East’s future is filled with profound uncertainty. The region is host to one of the largest populations of young people, with around 65% of its population under the age of 30. With several countries experiencing the turmoil of war, conflict and sanctions, the Fourth Industrial Revolution could provide a lifeline to this young, eager population. Given their sheer numbers, they have the ability to transform their regions, whether it be in governance, energy, infrastructure, medicine and beyond.
In the midst of these challenges and opportunities, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
As a participant in the One Young World Summit, you will
- Gain greater visibility for your work & be heard by world renowned experts and leaders
- Tap into a global network of potential collaborators from 196 countries
- Gain access to exclusive Ambassador opportunities, such as speaking events
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit handouts and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
You are eligible for the Leading the Middle East Scholarship sponsorship if:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed here: Afghanistan, Bahrain, Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestinian Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic, United Arab Emirates, Yemen.
For more information, visit One Young World Summit.