Deadline: May 29, 2020
Applications are now open for the Leading The Pacific Scholarship to attend the One Young World Summit 2020. The Leading The Pacific Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from the Pacific region are represented at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
Across the entire Pacific region, environmental issues dominate the agenda. Locally, communities are struggling against challenges of waste management, deforestation, overfishing, and the after-effects of nuclear testing. These threats will soon render many of the Pacific Islands uninhabitable, but the regions receive negligible coverage in the global news. Leaders have struggled to connect this diverse collection of islands, but Pacific societies have prospered within their remote locations and have the potential to unite and drive change within the region.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
- Gain greater visibility for your work & be heard by world renowned experts and leaders
- Tap into a global network of potential collaborators from 196 countries
- Gain access to exclusive Ambassador opportunities, such as speaking events
The Leading Scholarship offers scholars:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany.
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 14 October and 17 October 2020.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- The cost of travel to and from Munich. Your flight to and from Munich must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Please note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the Schengen region to attend the One Young World Summit 2020, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The Schengen visa costs $90 USD plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas
- Are a national (passport holding citizen) of one of the countries listed here: Australia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Federated States of Nauru, New Zealand, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu.
For more information, visit One Young World Summit.