Deadline: March 9, 2020
Applications are invited for the African Leadership University (ALU) Female Leaders Scholarship for Young African Women 2020. The Female Leaders Scholarship has been created to empower exceptional, young women to realize their leadership potential and lead a life of impact despite financial limitations.
The African Leadership University (ALU) is searching for 50 resilient, driven, innovative, creative, mission-driven young women who have demonstrated impact in their communities to join them on their Rwanda and Mauritius campuses as the inaugural Female Leader Scholars.
In line with the vision of ALU which is, to develop 3 million ethical and entrepreneurial leaders for Africa and the world by 2035, the scholarship will support the aspirations of fresh applicants for any of the undergraduate programmes at the African Leadership University.
The Scholarship provides the following benefits to successful applicants:
- 100% Tuition Fee Waiver which covers the cost of tuition fees, accommodation and other study-related costs for the duration of the undergraduate programme at the Rwanda and Mauritius campuses of the African Leadership University
- Annual living allowance for the duration of the undergraduate programme
- Relocation allowance to cover incoming travel and removal expenses for one way travel (for applicants living outside Rwanda and Mauritius)
To be considered for this scholarship, you first need to apply and be admitted to ALU.
ALU’s eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Applicants must have passed a final National Senior Secondary School Examination and graduated from Secondary school.
- For applications to study at the Mauritius campus, applicants must have passed at least 3 A-levels or equivalent with a minimum grade C.
- For applications to study at the Rwanda campus, applicants must have passed at least 2 A-levels or equivalent with a minimum grade C.
If you have not yet received your final national exam results, you may apply and be considered for conditional admission – pending the release of the final exam results. You will also need to achieve a score of 90 or above in the ALU Leadership Assessment in order to be eligible to attend ALU.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of the applicant’s leadership potential, entrepreneurial drive, and demonstrated impact.
For more information, visit ALU Female Leaders Scholarship.