USIP Jennings Randolph Senior Fellowship Program 2020 (Stipend available)
Deadline: March 30, 2020
Applications are open for the USIP Jennings Randolph Senior Fellowship Competition 2020. An integral part of USIP’s research efforts, Jennings Randolph Senior Fellows help to develop and advance knowledge, peacebuilding tools and policy recommendations for more effective strategy, policy and programs that build sustainable peace.
With this Request for Applications, USIP seeks applications from senior experts who will advance thought leadership and research supporting either of the two thematic areas: Violent Extremism Disengagement and Reconciliation; or Women, Gender and Nonviolent Movements.
Jennings Randolph Senior Fellows will conduct research and write in their areas of expertise while engaging with experts at USIP headquarters and in the field. During their tenure, the fellows will become an integral part of USIP and will contribute to thought leadership and research efforts.
- The fellowships are eight-month appointments at USIP headquarters in Washington, D.C. Fellows receive a stipend of $11,500 per month.
- USIP will reimburse the costs of one round-trip airfare to USIP headquarters under the terms of the fellowship.
- Fellowships do not cover a housing allowance or health insurance.
- The start-date is negotiable for either the fall of 2020 or the winter of 2021.
- Open to senior experts who have worked in conflict settings and have notable experience in research, practice, or policy.
- Preference will be given to candidates whose geographic focus matches USIP’s regional and country priorities in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Middle East.
- Applications should be limited to 1,200 words.
All applicants must register for this program here. To ensure your application is received, you must register for this specific competition—Jennings Randolph Senior Fellows—even if you have previously applied to other competitions at USIP.
When registering, select “Policy, Learning and Strategy Center” as the center, and “Jennings Randolph Senior Fellows” as the program. Enter the specific competition title you are submitting an application for: (1) Violent Extremism Disengagement and Reconciliation, or (2) Women, Gender, and Nonviolent Movements. Any inquiries regarding the online application system should be directed to [email protected]
- Registration opens on Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 12:00 noon EDT, and closes on Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 12:00 noon EDT.
- All completed applications must be submitted in the FLUXX system by Monday, March 30, 2020 at 12:00 noon EDT.
For more information, visit USIP Fellowship.