GiZ Agricultural Innovation Fund Challenge 2020 for Startups in Africa and South East Asia (Up to EUR 50,000)
Deadline: March 31, 2020
Application are open for the GiZ Agricultural Innovation Fund Challenge 2020. The global community has set itself the goal to end hunger by 2030. To achieve this, agriculture must become more efficient and sustainable along the entire value chain. Current approaches are not sufficient to achieve this. Practicable and regionally adapted innovations are needed. The Agricultural Innovation Fund aims to promote these.
Apply now with your idea for Africa and South East Asia. They are looking for innovative ideas that make the agricultural and food sector more efficient and sustainable along the entire value chain in the partner countries.
Each participant can apply for one of the following categories:
- Mechanization in the context of agriculture
- Digitalization in the context of agriculture
- Renewable energies in the context of agriculture
- The three winners of each category will receive a support package which will be individually tailored to their innovation with a total value of up to EUR 50,000. The package of the second-place winners is worth up to EUR 20,000 and the third-place winners up to EUR 10,000.
- Together with the winners the organisers will decide what is necessary to develop the innovation most efficiently. The support packages can contain the following elements, which can be selected individually or combined with each other:
- Knowledge and Know-how: They finance national and international experts to promote the development of your innovation.
- Coaching and Training: They finance coaching and training for you and your team to build and develop more competence.
- Mentoring: They finance experienced mentors who advise and support you in the development of your company.
- Networking: Contacts and a well-developed network are essential. Benefit from the extensive network that GIZ can offer you with public, private and political partners. Become part of the GIZ Innovation Community and exchange ideas with other companies worldwide. They can open doors and enable networking.
- Studies: They finance studies to make you fit for the market. This includes market analyses and feasibility studies.
- Open to start-ups and small businesses from GiZ participating partner countries in Africa and South East Asia.
- The innovation must be suitable for the partner countries.
- It is important that the participants of the Innovation Challenge also contribute with their idea to a common good and sustainable development in African and Southeast Asian countries.
For more information, visit GiZ Agricultural Innovation Fund Challenge.