Deadline: March 31, 2020
Are you a startup addressing sustainable and transformative mobility challenges? Apply now for the AMI Africa Transformative Mobility Accelerator 2020.
The Africa Transformative Mobility Accelerator (ATMA) will admit 8 startups for the 2020 cohort. The priority countries will be Kenya and Uganda. Through a competitive process, the program aims to admit transformative, practical, well researched and possibly tested solutions to urban mobility challenges in African Cities.
The increase in urban population in African cities has resulted to diversification and an upsurge in transport needs. Both public transport and private car use have drastically risen resulting to road congestion and air pollution. This nonetheless, provides a huge opportunity to provide transformative urban mobility solutions that can offer more travel options, reduce the travel time, cost and risk, and provide comfort for its users.
During the six-month acceleration period, the startups will benefit in several ways, including but not limited to:
- Participate in four startup immersion trips in East Africa (Kenya and Uganda for the 2020 cohort)
- Receive coaching and mentorship from local and international mobility and enterprise development experts
- Network with mobility stakeholders, practitioners and enthusiasts in four separate sessions that will be organized in Nairobi and Kampala between May and September 2020
- Attend a series of planned seminars that will be facilitated by subject matter experts in relevant topics such as mobility; value proposition design & problem solution fit; business modeling & product/service market fit; customer acquisition; financial modeling and investor relations
- Pitch their solutions to a selected and curated pool of investors during the Africa Transformative Mobility Summit in October 2020 in Nairobi, Kenya
- Receive a grant of up to $25,000 for the top startups during the mobility summit in October 2020
- Open to startups addressing access to sustainable mobility in the informal transport sector and working towards provision of transformative solution to an urban mobility challenge
- Operating in Kenya and/or Uganda
- Must have a demonstrable product or service (Minimum Viable Product, MVP)
- Be able to present an innovative and scalable solution to a well-articulated challenge
- Preferable not older than 3 years since the incorporation date
- Demonstrate ability to generate revenue
- Have at least two members of the team
- Have at least one member working full time (or have a clear pathway to this goal)
- Be for profit
- Be in early stage/seed, pre-series A
For more information, visit ATMA.