One Young World Politician of the Year Award to attend the OYW Summit 2020 in Munich, Germany (Fully-funded)
Deadline: April 30, 2020
Applications are invited for the One Young World Politician of the Year Award 2020. This year’s award will be presented to five winners at the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich, which takes place from October 14-17.
According to the Inter-Parliamentary Union, only 2% of parliamentarians globally are under the age of 30 and just 14% are under 40. The issue is exacerbated by policies in 73% of countries which restrict young people of voting age from running for office. Lack of representation raises the substantial risk of disconnecting an entire generation from their nations’ political processes.
The One Young World Politician of the Year Award was created to recognise the most promising young politicians between the ages of 18-35 from around the world. The winners are chosen based on the impact they are having in their home countries and how they have used their position to benefit young people specifically. It is the first global award recognising the work of young politicians and was launched to counter the low level of youth engagement in politics.
Awardees will receive
- Access to the entirety of the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation on a private basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy);
- Catering, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner;
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
To be considered for the award, nominees must:
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years old
- Hold/have held elected or appointed office at any political level (local, national or supranational)
- Have had a tangible and material impact on young people in their communities
- Have acted to highlight the importance of political participation as a way to effect positive change
For more information, visit One Young World.