ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme 2020 (Funding available)
Deadline: April 15, 2020
The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology is inviting applications for the ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme 2020. ICGEB offers competitive Pre-doctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue PhD research studies in a world-class scientific environment.
Fellowships include participation in a competitive research programme, access to state-of-the-art facilities, participation in ICGEB Meetings, Seminars and Journal Clubs and a competitive stipend, plus full coverage of tuition fees and health insurance.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
- The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the student’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- The ICGEB Member States now include 21 countries in Africa, 9 in the Middle East, 13 in Europe, 5 in Central America and the Caribbean, 8 in South America and 9 in Asia.
- Applicants for ICGEB Trieste should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application (i.e. date of birth after 31/03/1988). There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for endorsement. Endorsement is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded. The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete and endorsed applications received by the closing date.
The main criteria for selection include scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and potential benefit for the home country. The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
For more information, visit ICGEB Fellowship.