Allard Prize Photography Competition 2020 (CAD $1,000 prize)
Deadline: May 1, 2020
Applications for the Allard Prize Photography Competition 2020 are now open. The bi-annual Allard Prize Photography Competition, which recognizes photographic excellence reflecting the ideals of the Allard Prize, is adjudicated by the Allard Prize Committee and Maxe Fisher, Associate Professor, Faculty of Design + Dynamic Media, Emily Carr University of Art + Design.
Photographers are encouraged to submit entries year-round. Entries should reflect themes of courage and leadership in combating corruption, especially through promoting transparency, accountability, the rule of law, and of human rights and/or anti-corruption generally. They also particularly welcome entries that depict corruption and human rights violations in the developed world.
Up to six photographs may be selected as a winner in each cycle of the Competition. Each winning Entrant will receive:
- CAD $1,000
- His/her winning photograph featured on the website
- Inclusion of his/her name and a brief description of the photograph on the Allard Prize website, and
- Inclusion of the photograph in the website’s archive as a past winner.
- Open to individuals who have reached the age of majority in their country of residence at the time of entry.
- Members of the Allard Prize Photography Competition Jury, the Allard Prize Committee and the Allard Prize Advisory Board are not eligible to participate during their terms as Jury, Committee or Advisory Board members and for one year following the end of their terms.
To enter the Competition, entrants must upload their photograph and complete the online submission form including:
- A brief description (up to 1200 characters) of the photograph, describing how the photograph reflects the themes of the Allard Prize of courage and leadership in combating corruption, especially through promoting transparency, accountability and the rule of law, or of human rights and/or anti-corruption generally; and
- A brief biography of the Entrant.
The current deadline for the Allard Prize Photography Competition is May 1 2020 at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time. Any submissions received after this date and time will automatically be considered for the November 2020 cycle.
For more information, visit Allard Prize Photography Competition.