Deadline: August 30, 2020
Applications are open for the Merck Africa Research Summit (MARS) Awards 2020. Merck Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Merck Germany plans to conduct the New Edition of their “UNESCO – Merck Africa Research Summit (MARS) 2020” with the aim to Empower Women & Youth in Research on the side of their annual conference Merck Africa Asia Luminary.
They will present the ‘Best Young African Researcher Award’ and the ‘Best African Woman Researcher Award’ to recognize the outstanding contribution of African Female Scientists with the aim to promote women in research and advance their contribution to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics).
The summit will be a unique opportunity for the winners of a MARS Research Awards to share their research output and findings. It is also an opportunity for networking and career development. The Summit will provide a platform where they will be able to discuss and enable a conducive environment for better research.
- Abstracts are invited from final year African PhD students and young investigators involved in research related to either of the following topics: Cancer (specially in women) & Vaccines Development.
- The applicants should be primarily based at African Research Institutes and Universities, although collaboration within Africa as well as outside is encouraged.
- All Abstracts will be peer reviewed and 15 winners will be eligible for a sponsorship to attend UNESCO MARS Summit.
- Best three Abstracts will be eligible for Research Awards.
- Research Awards will be also dedicated for Best African Women Researchers.
Applications can be submitted via email to [email protected]
along with your CV (including Name, Gender, Country, University/Hospital Name, Email address, Mobile Number) and the abstract document as an attachment
For more information, visit MARS Awards.