SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Program 2020 (up to 50,000 CHF)
Deadline: April 24, 2020
Applications for the SSI/ISID Infectious Diseases Research Fellowship Program 2020 are now open. The purpose of this Fellowship Program is to support infectious disease physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries through multidisciplinary clinical and laboratory training at select biomedical institutions in Switzerland.
The objectives of the Fellowship Program are:
- To train promising young physicians and scientists from under-resourced countries for clinical and research positions in infectious diseases.
- To foster partnerships between fellows and infectious disease leaders in Switzerland.
- To increase scientific research capacity in under-resourced/high disease burden countries.
- A financial stipend of up to 50,000 CHF per year (approximately $51,000 USD) will be given to Fellows to cover travel costs and living expenses. The program intends to award one fellowship every year.
- Open to residents of low and middle income countries as classified by the World Bank who have either a M.D. or Ph.D. in a relevant field;
- Applicants should hold a position at a medical, research or public health institution.
Applications should be made using the online submissions system and include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- A letter of commitment from the applicant’s home institution guaranteeing position upon completion of the fellowship
- Letter of recommendation
- Personal statement describing career goals and objectives, and relevance of training
For more information, visit SSI/ISID Fellowship.