Annie’s Sustainable Agriculture Scholarships 2020 for Students in the US
Deadline: May 15, 2020
Applications are open for the Annie’s Sustainable Agriculture Scholarships 2020 for Students in the US. Through their Sustainable Agriculture Scholarship program, they are thrilled to support students working to shape the future of the food system through the lens of three regenerative agriculture principles:
- Building soil health,
- Fostering aboveground biodiversity,
- Promoting resilient farm communities.
At Annie’s, they recognize that agriculture contributes to some of the most pressing sustainability challenges. They also believe that strengthening the food system from the farm up can be a promising solution to issues ranging from climate change to farmworker justice. They are committed to supporting regenerative agriculture that protects and intentionally enhances natural resources and farm communities.
- Undergraduate applicants must be enrolled at an accredited higher education institution in the U.S.A as a full-time student for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Graduate applicants must be enrolled at an accredited higher education institution in the U.S.A and enrolled for at least 9 credits for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Students must be focusing studies on sustainable and regenerative agriculture.
- International students may apply if they are attending a U.S. school.
- If awarded a scholarship, student agrees that funds will be utilized for school needs only, such as room and board, books, and tuition. Funds cannot be used as personal income.
- If awarded a scholarship, student agrees to share learnings and outcomes of supported project(s) with Annie’s and broader school community within one academic year of receiving funds. Annie’s will provide guidance on the format and delivery of these learnings at a future date.
- If awarded a scholarship, student is invited to join network of Annie’s Sustainable Agriculture Scholars and encouraged to participate in optional events and programs.
The following supporting documentation will be required:
- Unofficial Transcript. Please note that they will require an official transcript if you’re chosen as a finalist.
- Two letters of recommendation from a professional or academic reference. These letters should be on official letterhead if from an educator at your school, and should be sent via email to [email protected] with your first and last name as the subject line.
Applications must be sent via email as an attachment to [email protected] by 11:59pm PST on May 15, 2020.