International Youth Federation (IYF) is looking for a Regional Director for Europe
Does making a difference motivate you? Do you want to be part of the global youth movement? Are you passionate about youth empowerment? Are you driven to be a part of a bigger purpose in the service of the young people? If you think you embody these values then you can apply to join the International Youth Federation as a Regional Director.
The International Youth Federation is seeking a Regional Director for Europe. The IYF Regional Director (RD) is the senior member of the International Youth Federation who will serve as a senior official for IYF in one of the five regions. The Regional Director provides leadership to IYF Representatives in the region.
The primary responsibility of the Regional Director is to ensure successful engagement of the Country Teams in the region with the IYF global strategies, missions, and vision. She/he is a member of IYF’s Executive Board and contributes to shaping and monitoring overall corporate strategic directions of the IYF interventions in the region.
- Managing the IYF Regional Administration in the assigned region IYF:
- Providing overall leadership and shaping strategic thinking for IYF’s engagement in the region;
- Identifying existing and emerging youth empowerment challenges and priorities in the region, and defining the strategic programming priorities at the regional and country and implementing measures to improve the quality and effectiveness of programmes;
- Assist the IYF Headquarters in the implementation of corporate strategies and support resource mobilization and delivery efforts;
- Provide guidance to the IYF Representatives, including playing a facilitating role with host governments, donors and counterparts as needed; and
- Building and maintaining strategic partnerships for IYF in the region, with a focus on knowledge sharing, joint activities and resource mobilization and representing IYF, as required, in high-level events and fora relating to the region.
- Advocacy, Leadership and Representation:
- Lead and direct the Regional Administration (RA) staff members, and ensure the proper functioning of the RA in the region;
- Lead RA’s effort in Representatives’ nomination, selections, and appointments;
- Assist the Representatives in establishing IYF Country Teams (IYFCT) which comprises National Volunteer Officers (communications, youth, sport, and women) that are responsible for facilitation of IYF activities at national level;
- Communicate and advocate on behalf of the IYF at the regional level and create new opportunities to improve the situation of young people and women through relationships and networks with regional partners;
- Represent the IYF in the region and establish and maintain highest level of contacts and effective relationships with regional partners, including national partners, intergovernmental organizations, international financial institutions, NGOs and civil society;
- Providing intellectual guidance for region-specific knowledge products; and
- As Director of the Regional Administration, exercise leadership to manage the decision-making process for the region on policies, strategies and human and financial resources allocations, monitoring implementation and evaluation of regional results and lessons learned.
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Monitor progress, effectiveness and relevance of the IYF country programmes within the region with a view to improving country programme performance;
- Keep the IYF Headquarters well informed of any significant organizational issues such as emergencies, conflicts, developments and/or resolutions in the region which affect IYF’s intervention/programmes of cooperation;
- Regularly conduct performance evaluations of IYF Representatives in the region in order to ensure the achievement of performance objectives and provide feedback to performances or work plans; and
- Oversee Representatives to ensure the protection of organization’s assets, financial resources and condition of services including staff security in the region, in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Organization.
- Regional Coordination Duties:
- Develop and expand IYF Member Countries in the Region both qualitatively and quantitatively;
- Assist IYF Representatives with engaging in fundraising activities, through strategic partnerships and public engagement activities and initiatives;
- Liaison with donors – In close coordination with the Representatives to develop proposals and secure funding to ensure on-going IYF functions;
- Generate sponsorship and other income to meet or exceed budget targets; and
- Managing a programme of high-quality events for IYF members across the region on a break even or better basis.
- Communications Duties:
- Maintain active communication among IYF Representatives and other interested agencies in at regional level;
- Act as a Regional focal point for Members by responding to inquiries, welcoming new Staff Members, general liaison, and personal contact;
- Promote continuous improvements in quality of IYF activities and communications;
- Report youth achievements, success stories, youth progressing and related news at the regional level to HQ press;
- In collaboration with the Representatives in the region, create and manage a Regional PR strategy promoting the IYF, including media interviews, production of articles for press/media and the oversee the regional thematic newsletter;
- Provide annual report about IYF region activities, stats, member organizations.
- Only (18-38) age is accepted for this position.
- Be a citizen of one of the region countries (Europe).
- Highly interest in youth empowerment, youth issues.
- Strategic planning and creative thinking.
- Planning and organizing.
- Drive for Results.
- Collaboration and Teamwork.
- Leadership, advocacy, engagement and influence.
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management, and reporting.
- Ability to lead and manage corporate strategic initiatives.
- Excellent computer, internet, social media and information system skills.
This vacancy is a voluntary-based position with (8-10 Hours/Week) part-time commitment. Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview.
For more information, visit International Youth Federation.