Janett Rosenberg Trubatch Career Development Award 2020 ($2,000 award)
Deadline: May 22, 2020
Nominations for the Janett Rosenberg Trubatch Career Development Award 2020 are now open. The Janett Rosenberg Trubatch Career Development Award, supported by the Trubatch Family, recognizes originality and creativity in research and promotes success during academic transitions prior to tenure.
This award, previously known as the Career Development Award until 2011, was renamed in 2011 to honor Janett Rosenberg Trubatch. The award is presented at the Celebration of Women in Neuroscience Luncheon held during the SfN’s annual meeting.
- Two recipients each year receive a $2,000 award and complimentary registration to SfN’s annual meeting.
- Nominees with a PhD or MD (or equivalent) that have completed fewer than 10 years of full-time work (Time taken off for child-rearing does not count in these totals. Part-time work and other special circumstances are evaluated at the discretion of the committee.)
- Candidates working in non-academic environments if their work is published and meets academic standards
- Nominees cannot have received university tenure before nomination deadline.
- Nominations of women are especially encouraged.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- Nominees do not need to be SfN members.
- Nominations must be made or endorsed by an SfN member.
- No person may nominate more than one candidate.
- Current SfN officers and councilors are ineligible for nomination.
- Due to potential conflicts of interest, members of the selection committee may not be the nominees, and they cannot serve as nominators nor write letters of recommendation for this prize.
Nomination materials include the following:
- One nomination letter
- Maximum of two optional letters of recommendation.
- One letter must include a summary of past, present, and future research (two-page maximum).
- Current CV
For more information, visit Janett R. Trubatch Career Development Award.