GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2020 for Young Agrifood Entrepreneurs (win $50,000)
Deadline: June 18, 2020
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2020. The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize aims to find Africa’s brightest young agrifood entrepreneurs. They are searching for agribusinesses that bring technology, innovation, and passion to the agriculture and food industries.
You could win one of two US$50,000 cash prizes that will help you change your world and transform the agri-food business in Africa.
We need strong agriculture and food businesses to get us through the pandemic and grow our communities and economies when it’s over. GoGettaz wants to support your businesses to become profitable and scale, so you can lead the way.
- Two entrepreneurs, one woman, and one man will each win $50,000 US Dollars for the most innovative and scalable business ventures.
- Ten finalists will benefit from a package of support to boost their business.
- 250 applicants will benefit from online training to strengthen their business plans.
The entrepreneur applying must:
- Be aged 18-35 on the day of submission to the competition;
- Hold nationality (with official ID) from any of the 54 nations of the African Union;
- Be the founder/co-founder of the enterprise he or she represents in the competition and play an active role in its operations and leadership;
- Have no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offense;
- Not be a previous GoGettaz finalist. (But if you made it to the semi finals previously you can compete again).
Their venture must:
- Have its headquarters in one of the 54 countries of the African Union, and be officially registered by August 1, 2020;
- Be designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a market-based social venture;
- Generating revenue at least in part and aiming for non-donor-based sustainability;
- Play a role in the agri-food sector.
- Innovation: What problem does your business solve for its customers? What is its solution? How is this unique or innovative?
- Market: Who are your customers? Who are your competitors? What is the market potential? What is your go-to-market plan?
- Business Model: How does your business generate revenue? How does it or will it achieve profit? What is your plan for scaling up your business?
- Impact: How does your business have a positive social or environmental impact? How are you minimizing your negative impacts?
- Team: Who is in your leadership team? What experience and expertise do they bring to the business?
NOTE: Finalists will be invited to compete in the final live or virtual pitching contest at the Africa Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) meeting between 8-11 September 2020.
Depending on the coronavirus situation this will be part of a full week of activities that finalists will be expected to attend, from September 8 – 11, 2020. Should you not have a valid passport and plan to enter GoGettaz, please apply for one now.
For more information, visit GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize.