Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Programme 2020/2021
Deadline: May 1, 2020
Applications are open for the Women PeaceMakers Fellowship Programme 2020/2021. The Women PeaceMakers fellowship offers a unique opportunity for local women peacebuilders to engage in a cycle of learning, practice, research and strengthening of peacebuilding partnerships through participation in a 12-month fellowship.
Knowing the power of women’s participation in peace and security decision-making, the Women PeaceMaker fellowship aims to drive forward stronger, more effective collaborations between women peacebuilders from conflict-affected communities and international partner organizations. By co-developing evidence based and data driven solutions, the women and international organizations who are at the center of our most serious peacebuilding challenges demonstrate why they are best positioned to influence positive change.
Each year the fellowship’s research has a specific peacebuilding issue area it is gathering evidence and data on. During this year they will focus on:
How can international peacebuilding organizations better partner with local women peacebuilders to address the closing spaces and increased insecurity women are currently facing when working to end cycles of violence?
Through the 12-month fellowship with the Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, selected Fellows will:
- Learn from and with other leading Fellows and the Kroc School’s team;
- Gain new skills, perspectives and innovative approaches to peacebuilding;
- Expand their professional peacebuilding networks;
- Drive forward vital peacebuilding research that focuses on shifting practice and policy.
- Have worked for 10+ years as a peacebuilder and have worked directly in their local peacebuilding contexts;
- Demonstrates peacebuilding/peacemaking skills and attitudes;
- Be in a position to participate in all activities during the 12-month fellowship and apply what is learned at the conclusion of the residency program;
- Has worked directly with an international peacebuilding organizations on the 2020/2021 year’s focus (see above);
- Demonstrate local credibility and a strong social network within her country/community of practice;
- Speak sufficient English to relate personal experiences.
This fellowship will include the following four streams of work:
- Learning Lab Retreat
- Local Insight Sharing and Partnership Building Project
- Developing and Driving Forward Applied Research Outputs
Click here to apply
For more information, visit Women PeaceMakers Fellowship.