Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) COVID-19 Rapid Response Mini-Grants 2020
Deadline: April 28, 2020
Applications for the Commonwealth Youth Council (CYC) COVID-19 Rapid Response Mini-Grants 2020 are now open. The Commonwealth Youth Council is launching a rapid response grant process to help young people within the Commonwealth lead projects that address community impacts of COVID-19.
The WHO declared COVID-19 to be a global pandemic, and recommended communities take social distancing measures to prevent the spread of the virus. Globally, COVID 19 is more than a public health challenge – it has laid bare the consequences of persistent systemic inequalities and is threatening our social fabric , trust in our institutions and the economic security of billions of people.
More than two million confirmed cases have been reported worldwide with more than 150,000 people having died from the virus. Most of the Commonwealth countries have also been affected by the pandemic, which is expected to have dire social and economic consequences as well. The Commonwealth Youth Council believes in the role of young people in addressing this pandemic and its consequences.
- Mini-grants of $250 shall be given to two organisations from each of the Commonwealth regions namely, Africa, Europe, Asia, Pacific and the Caribbean. The small grants will target grass root youth-led organisations.
- Open to a youth group, a team or a grassroot organisation situated in one of the 54 Commonwealth states.
- Be youth-led (The Commonwealth defines youth as any person between the ages of 15 and 30)
- Be a team, a youth group or a grass-root/community based organisation. Special focus will also be paid to youth-led organisations working in low-income communities, persons living with disabilities, rural populations and other vulnerable groups.
The project should focus on (but is not limited to) the following areas:
- Digital mental health campaigns to support persons feeling isolated.
- Addressing stigma and reinforcing the sharing of accurate, youth friendly information.
- Awareness raising and information targeting persons living with disabilities.
- Community focused sanitation and prevention campaigns.
- Projects addressing SRHR and sexual and gender based violence.
The applications will be reviewed and successful applicants shall be notified in the week following the deadline. Successful applicants shall be required to implement the projects before May 30, 2020, and share their final reports by June 15, 2020.
For more information, visit Commonwealth Youth Council.