Applications for the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Youth4Policy Fellowship 2020 for Young Sudanese and Ugandans are now open. The “Youth4Policy” is an initiative of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung (KAS) to enhance youth participation in governance and policy formulation in Uganda.
The fellowship takes on a small number of highly qualified and committed young Ugandans and South Sudanese, no older than 35 years, who analyse policy issues and develop policy alternatives from the perspective of the young generation. The fellows lead by example in the promotion of issue-based and constructive dialogue and debate, adhering to the guiding principles of tolerance and objectivity. Last year’s cohort consisted of 8 carefully selected and motivated young professionals who are passionate about policy discourses.
KAS believes that good policy researchers require exposure to the political sphere. This is why, in 2020, the fellowship will be conducted as an attachment at KAS. Depending on your research topic, you will be placed either at KAS or at one of their partner organisations and offered a working space.
With provided support, you will work on your policy research but also have a chance to get to know KAS’s daily work. You are expected to commit several days per week (usually 3-5) to this work for a timeframe of several months. Exact specifications can be discussed on an individual basis.
- Selected fellows will be remunerated on a monthly basis for the duration of the fellowship.
- Open to highly qualified and committed young people from Uganda and South Sudan
- Applicants should be no older than 35 years
- Applicants should be those who analyse policy issues and develop policy alternatives from the perspective of the young generation.
Please submit the following in one document:
- Curriculum Vitae Maximum 2 pages
- Motivation letter: Briefly outline why you would like to become a Youth4Policy fellow, highlighting your motivation, leadership abilities, experience with policy work and future career aspirations. Maximum 500 words!
- Briefly outline a policy challenge (political, economic, cultural, environmental, etc.) facing Uganda and suggest what you would do to address it. (Answers should focus on the underlined question, avoid lengthy descriptions of the challenge itself). Maximum 300 Words!
Submit all requirements in one document to [email protected]. Only complete applications respecting the specifications will be reviewed.
For more information, visit Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Youth4Policy Fellowship.