ENGIE North America Call for Digital Solutions Enabling Citizen Engagement in Sustainable Cities
Deadline: July 10, 2020
Become an actor in innovation with ENGIE Innovation! ENGIE North America is seeking digital solutions to enable/strengthen engagement and participation of a city’s residents with ENGIE and the city during the implementation of energy, infrastructure projects in cities across North America.
The goals of the digital solution they are seeking would be to ensure that everyone has access to current project information, and to allow the public to express itself as the project progresses. This ensures that the project owner can take into account local aspirations when defining and running the project and strengthens local acceptability. Their objective is that the digital tools enhance their consultative approach by helping project owners develop innovative and well-suited communication tools, manage debates, and capture every point of view.
ENGIE North America main objectives for this call for projects are:
- To test and develop innovative, participatory digital consultation solutions that bring together a maximum number of citizens and stakeholders in the project region
- To inform these stakeholders about projects in development, in an attractive and playful way,
- To collect their contributions in an efficient and collaborative way
- To animate and facilitate the emergence of consensus.
Selected projects will get special support from ENGIE North America and its academic partners to:
- Test the solution under real conditions in connection with a project located in the US,
- Develop business partnerships and operational projects
- Be in contact with experts from the ENGIE Group
- An opportunity for investment consideration by ENGIE New Ventures, the corporate venture arm of ENGIE
- Be highlighted in ENGIE Group’s national and international events and communication media
- The submission and the solutions must be in English
- Solutions must be deployable in the USA
- Preference will be given to solutions from the USA
- Suitability for the subject
- Originality/innovativeness of the project
- Costs/feasibility and economic viability
- Maturity/time to operational rollout
- Ease of use
The proposed solution must:
- Include a digital application (web and mobile) that creates a dynamic link between citizens, local stakeholders and the renewable energy project developer.
- Provide a tool for intelligently managing consultation data collected from citizens
- Provide digital and non-digital interfaces for actions that can be carried out physically at the local level, such as innovative tools for coordinating consultation meetings.
- Use pedagogical technologies such as virtual visits or 3D immersion interfaces.
By signing up on ENGIE Innovation, you can promote your innovative solutions and submit responses to the calls for projects.
For more information, visit ENGIE North America.