Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internship – Fall 2020 (Stipend available)
Deadline: June 12, 2020
Are you passionate about Asian Pacific American communities and their histories? Apply for the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internship – Fall 2020.
The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center believes that a great 21st century museum is more than a building. They engage communities in surprising and innovative ways, transcending boundaries and barriers. They are a migratory museum that brings Asian Pacific American history, art and culture to you through innovative museum experiences online and throughout the United States.
The Center works to redefine and expand the traditional museum model to transform how museums can be places for civic engagement, critical and constructive dialogue, and social justice. Through public programs, like their signature series Culture Labs, that invite visitors to inquire, discover, and learn via direct exchanges with artists, scholars, and cultural practitioners, they engage the public through events that recognize art and culture as vehicles that can bring them together in a new model of museum experience.
- PAC offers modest internship stipends every semester–funding is limited and highly competitive.
- Interns may also receive academic credit through their universities. They encourage all applicants to research scholarship opportunities that support internships at their universities. The Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships also offers funded opportunities through several scholarship programs.
- Open to current undergraduate students (current sophomores, juniors and seniors), graduate students and recent graduates.
- All majors welcome.
Submit the following application materials through the Smithsonian’s SOLAA portal.
- Cover Letter of no more than 2 pages addressing:
- Why do you want to be an intern at APAC?
- What knowledge and skills do you hope to learn from the internship?
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts from all higher education institutions attended Resume:
- Please include relevant experience, including any technical proficiency in social media platforms, coding languages and programs such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Two Letters of Recommendation addressing:
- Academic ability
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- One Relevant Work Sample
For more information, visit Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center.