Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) Program 2020 for Young Professionals (Scholarships available)
Deadline: May 31, 2020
Applications are open for the Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) Program 2020. The Africa Data Science Intensive (DSI) program is a hands-on skills training data science course based on solving real-world problems.
Big Data, data science, machine learning and artificial intelligence are driving a revolution around the world as companies rush to take advantage of their data and turn it into a competitive advantage. However there is shortage of skilled data scientists and managers worldwide and this shortage is much worse in Africa.
In this program, participants will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling, to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects.
- Exposure to the latest algorithms and techniques in data science covering topics in Big Data (BD), Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Under the expert guidance of a team of PhDs and MBAs as lecturers and tutors, you will receive a mix of lectures and tutorials covering the core aspects of data science.
- The majority of your time will be spent working in small teams to solve real-world problems, giving you deep, hands-on experience with cutting edge algorithms while equipping you with the skills to contribute effectively as part of a dynamic, agile team.
- Emphasis on real-world skills including management of data science projects; cleaning of data; and business problem solving skills.
- The solutions you generate will be presented to industry experts who will give real feedback, helping further sharpen your readiness for the real world.
- Networking events giving you the opportunity to network with potential employers.
- Full awards covering course tuition and travel and living expenses to attend the 2-week workshop are available for qualifying African students.
- Applications for scholarships will only be accepted from students in: South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, and Zambia.
- Applicants should have Honours, Master’s or PhD in Science, Engineering or Mathematics or equivalent industry experience.
In order to apply, you will need to:
- Complete the registration form
- As part of the registration form you will also need to upload a short CV (2 pages max.)
- The first round of selections will be required to complete an online test, the purpose of this is to ensure that candidates have sufficient practical coding, logic and basic statistics skills – as well as flexibility and motivation – to be successful in the program.
- Shortlisted candidates will be then be invited for an interview in person or via telecon.
- They will begin offering places from July 1, 2020. Selection will continue until all places are filled.
For more information, visit Africa DSI Program.