Deadline: June 30, 2020
The 2020 Africa Women Innovation & Entrepreneurship Forum — AWIEF Awards is now open. Each year the AWIEF Awards recognise, honour and celebrate Women Entrepreneurs and Business Owners in Africa and across industry sectors, for their economic performance and contribution to Africa’s growth and social development. AWIEF salutes these women for their passion and determination in making a difference in their countries and on the continent.
The AWIEF Awards cover emerging and established entrepreneurship in the private and not-for-profit sectors. Pioneers or not, AWIEF Awards candidates are women who have demonstrated outstanding vision and inspiration, and have overcome challenges to make a significant social impact and/or become successful in their businesses.
You may either self-nominate, or nominate someone else for an AWIEF Award, in any of the following categories:
- YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: This Award goes to a young female entrepreneur under the age of 35, who has demonstrated exceptional entrepreneurial spirit and skills to build and grow a successful business, and is an inspiration to other young entrepreneurs.
- CREATIVE INDUSTRY AWARD: This Award recognises the exceptional and creative entrepreneurial excellence of a woman in the film, music, food, beauty, art, fashion, advertising, design, or crafts industry.
- TECH ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: This Award goes to a woman entrepreneur who has used science and technology to create an innovative business, offering new knowledge, services, products or solutions.
- AGRI ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: This Award goes to a woman who has achieved recognition and business success in the field of agriculture and agribusiness with great impact on food security and nutrition in her community or country.
- ENERGY ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: This Award goes to a woman in the oil & gas and/or green energy & renewable sector who is operating a successful business with impact on energy access and/or availability in her community or country.
- SOCIAL ENTREPRENEUR AWARD: This Award goes to a woman who with her business has made significant social impacts in the community and has proffered solutions to social, cultural, technology, education, environment or financial challenges.
- EMPOWERMENT AWARD: The Empowerment Award goes to a woman who has greatly contributed and invested in inspiring, mentoring and empowering other women and girls.
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD: The Lifetime Achievement Award is presented to an established woman entrepreneur for prolonged and consistent achievements in business. This individual is a role model who has displayed exceptional and outstanding business leadership over time. This Award also recognises the significant contribution made to job creation and the economy.
- Open to Women Entrepreneurs and Business Owners in Africa
- Nomination should only be made relating to achievements made by a female entrepreneur and national of an African country, with a registered business and operation in one or more African countries.
- Nominees can be nominated or self-nominated.
- You can nominate a woman entrepreneur for more than one category but you must complete different nomination forms.
- You may be asked to support or verify the evidence you supply as part of the nominations you make.
- Register an entrant profile by clicking “if you are a new user, please click here” in the top right corner of the page.
- Start your nomination.
- Submit your entry for your nomination to be in the running.
For more information, visit AWIEF Award.