Dianne Woest Fellowship in the Arts and Humanities 2021-2022 (stipend of $4,000)
Deadline: November 15, 2020
Applications for the Dianne Woest Fellowship in the Arts and Humanities 2021-2022 are now open. The Dianne Woest Fellowship in the Arts and Humanities supports scholarly research on the history and culture of Louisiana and the Gulf South.
While the Historic New Orleans Collection (THNOC) resources should play a central role in the proposed research agenda, fellows are also encouraged to explore other research facilities in the Greater New Orleans area.
- The fellowship includes a stipend of $4,000. Fellows may select their period(s) of residence, but all research must commence and conclude during the specified fellowship term (April 1, 2021–March 31, 2022).
- Open to doctoral candidates, academic and museum professionals, and independent scholars.
- U.S. citizenship is not required, but applicants should be fluent in English.
- Fellows will be expected to acknowledge THNOC in any published work drawing on fellowship research.
- Applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, or any other protected status.
Please submit one (1) collated packet comprising the following:
- The application form
- A curriculum vitae
- A 100-word abstract of the project
- A research proposal, not to exceed six double-spaced pages, in which you (a) outline the scope of the project;(b) discuss the relevance of research materials at The Historic New Orleans Collection; and (c)discuss the anticipated product of your research (book,dissertation,exhibition,etc.)
- In addition, please submit letters of recommendation from two (2) scholars familiar with your work. These letters may be sent under separate cover.
All materials should be emailed to Jason Wiese, Woest Fellowship Committee chairman, at [email protected], or mailed to Dianne Woest Fellowship, The Historic New Orleans Collection, 410 Chartres Street, NewOrleans, Louisiana, 70130.
For more information, visit Dianne Woest Fellowship.