DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Nutrition 2020 to attend One Young World Summit (Fully-funded)
Deadline: August 3, 2020
Applications for the DSM Brighter Living Scholarship – Nutrition are now open. As a longstanding partner of One Young World, DSM is proud to offer the Improved Foods Scholarship for the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich.
The scholarship builds on the Africa Improved Foods (AIF) partnership, which is an innovative public private partnership making nutritious fortified foods locally in Africa for Africa with the objective of ending malnutrition. AIF is a partnership between DSM, IFC, CDC, FMO, Government of Rwanda and the World Food Programme.
In line with the expansion objectives of DSM/AIF to more countries, this scholarship seeks to support two young leaders (aged 18 – 30) from Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India and Bangladesh who are delivering nutritional solutions for their communities. Specifically, the scholarship seeks candidates who are making a positive impact on reducing malnutrition and improving the food value chain in one of the following ways:
- Shaping opinions: raising awareness of the importance of a balanced and nutritional diet.
- Building brands: developing responsible and nutritious brands which are attractive and affordable for the communities who need them most (especially those with low income, at base of pyramid (BoP).
- Producing locally: sustainably producing local produce or nutritional products to serve local communities.
- Improving small holder farmers value chain: developing/implementing programs to eliminate post-harvest losses for small holder farmers and improve quality of their produce (especially elimination of aflatoxin in maize)
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 22 and 26 (inclusive) April, 2021
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Participation in DSM’s internal on-boarding workshops pre-One Young World workshops (with DSM delegation)
To be eligible to receive this scholarship you must:
- Be aged 18 – 30 by the date of the One Young World Summit 2020.
- Be a national of Kenya, Nigeria, Egypt, Tanzania, Zambia, Ghana, India and Bangladesh.
- Have 3 – 5 years experience work in a business and ideally running your own business.
One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues.
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative.
- One Young World will actively seek and prioritize applicants with an evidenced commitment to addressing malnutrition in a local or national context. In particular, the scholarship seeks candidates who achieve this through:
- Shaping opinions and advocating for good nutrition.
- Developing nutritional brands.
- Locally producing products or produce for local communities.
- Improving small holder farmers’ value chain.
As part of the application, you will be required to provide a short description of yourself, including your current role, achievements and aspirations.
For more information, visit DSM Improved Foods Scholarship.