Integrity Icon South Africa Film Fellowship 2020 for Young Aspiring Filmmakers and Photographers (Stipend available)
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Applications are open for the Integrity Icon South Africa Film Fellowship 2020. Integrity Idol South Africa is looking for young aspiring filmmakers and photographers to assist award winning South African based film, photography and media agency, Makhulu, to develop short films of this year’s Idols.
The Integrity Idol Film Fellowship is a two-month immersive learning opportunity aimed at developing the next generation of ethical filmmakers. Fellows will support the campaign team to film and edit short documentary-like pieces of their top five finalists in their workplaces and broader communities across the country.
Integrity Idol South Africa was launched by Accountability Lab and partners, including the Nelson Mandela Foundation, LifeCo UnLtd and Democracy Works Foundation in South Africa in 2018. The campaign draws upon its successful implementation since 2015 in Nepal, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria, Sri Lanka and Pakistan.
- Workshops focusing on digital storytelling, the media and film industries, and reframing anti-corruption and accountability work;
- An opportunity to learn about ethical filmmaking in South Africa;
- Hands-on mentorship from Makhulu team and Accountability Lab staff;
- A monthly stipend;
- Transport, food, and accommodation to cover production around South Africa.
Three Production Film Fellows
- Must willing and be able to commit to full-time work and travel around South Africa in mid-June to mid-July. Travel and accommodation will be provided by Accountability Lab.
- Must be a hard worker with a desire to learn more about producing, location sound, directing, shooting videos with DSLRs, portrait photography, location lighting, interviewing, producing, passion for ethically engaged storytelling with a keen interest in the documentary genre.
- Must be fluent in at least three South African languages.
- Preferred candidate: basic skill/experience in one of the above areas.
Two Post-Production Film Fellows (based in Cape Town)
- Must be able to commit to at least 20 hours per week
- Must be interested in learning story editing, motion graphics, colour correction and/or sound design.
- Must have basic skill in Final Cut, After Effects, and Photoshop
To apply, please complete submit an application here by June 30.
For more information, visit Integrity Icon South Africa Film Fellowship.