KAS–REMENA Water Journalism Academy 2020 for Media Professionals from the MENA region and Turkey
Deadline: July 2, 2020
The Water Journalism Academy 2020 for Middle East and North Africa is now open for applications. The Regional Program Energy Security and Climate Change Middle East and North Africa (KAS – REMENA) of the Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung and cewas invite 40 journalists, bloggers, content creators, youtubers, social media influencers and media professionals to the first virtual Water Journalism Academy – Middle East and North Africa.
Outstanding environmental journalists and media professionals will be selected to take part in a tailored programme with the goal of intensifying and improving the quality and scope of media coverage of acute water-related challenges in the country of implementation and region. through resources by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
The programme comprises a four-module training and co-creation workshop bringing together media professionals with key stakeholders of the water and environmental sectors on constructive water reporting, follow-up coaching and a regional competition, the Blue Peace Open Eye Award, that will award the production of innovative media pieces that make a meaningful contribution to improve water management across the region.
The opportunity is Virtual and free.
- Open to environmental journalists and media professionals from the Middle East & North Africa plus Turkey
- Journalists, Bloggers, Content Creators, YouTubers, Social Media Influences and Media Professions from the MENA region and Turkey with interest in Water and Sanitation related stories
- The stories can be either/or a combination of written, oral or visual among other creative formats.
They invite experienced journalists with proven interest or track record in environmental topics and young media professionals (youtubers, bloggers, content creators, social media influencers etc.) that demonstrate exceptional interest and motivation in water-related reporting and storytelling to fill out this application form in order to guarantee a smooth preparation of the virtual workshop.
Please make sure to have the following information/documents at hand:
- short biography (100 words maximum);
- updated short CV (3 pages maximum);
- short abstract of your water story (100 words maximum);
- samples of previous stories if available, preferably on water/environmental issues in the region.
Interested participants should submit their application using the following online application form.
For more information, visit KAS–REMENA.