BongoHive FinTech Challenge 2020 for FinTech Startups in Zambia
Deadline: June 10, 2020
Do you have a FinTech business idea that addresses gaps in financial inclusion? Would you like to test that idea out with BongoHive and FSD Zambia? Apply now for the BongoHive FinTech Challenge 2020.
The BongoHive FinTech Challenge seeks to discover and develop the potential of FinTech startups in Zambia. The Challenge is open to entrepreneurs who have a FinTech business idea or an early-stage FinTech startup that aim to address the gaps in financial inclusion.
The BongoHive FinTech Challenge will be implemented through two 1-day ideation sessions for 30 participants each. 20 participants from the two ideation sessions will be selected from to take part in 5-day virtual Sprint Challenges where two winners will be picked.
The BongoHive FinTech Challenge open to idea-stage and early-stage FinTechs targeting or operating in any one or more of the following categories:
- Capital Markets
- Financial Inclusion
- Business Solutions
- Real Estate
- Regulatory Tech
- Personal Finance
- Credit Scoring
- Digital Banking
- The two finalists will each receive a further 8 weeks of business development support and K20,000 worth of technical support.
- You can expect to develop your FinTech business idea and entrepreneurial skills through the ideation session and sprint challenge which involve:
- Business Modelling
- Customer Identification
- Financial Services Industry expertise
- Mentorship from Industry experts
- Business Development Support
- Technical Support
- Continued mentoring
- Open to entrepreneurs who have a FinTech business idea or an early-stage FinTech startup that aim to address the gaps in financial inclusion;
- Applicant should be resident in Zambia;
- Idea or startup should fit into one of the categories above.
To qualify for the BongoHive FinTech Challenge programme you must be a FinTech or have an idea for a FinTech business.
For more information, visit BongoHive FinTech Challenge.