Group on Earth Observations Sustainable Development Goals (GEO SDG) Awards 2020
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Nominations are open for the Group on Earth Observations Sustainable Development Goals (GEO SDG) Awards 2020. The GEO SDG Awards recognizes the productivity, innovation, novelty, and exemplary efforts in the use of Earth observations to support sustainable development.
Launched last year, this annual award is presented to those making an impact on the 17 global goals put forth by the United Nations, as indicated by progress toward achieving a SDG Target and/or producing, or reporting on, a SDG Indicator.
There will be Sectoral and Special Awards presented in several categories.
- Sectoral Awards will focus on the type of organization and the nature of their work.
- Special categories recognize specific key tenets and objectives the Awards are intended to highlight.
- Nominees will identify one Sectoral category for their nomination, and they will be considered according to one Sectoral category. All nominees will also be considered (as an entire group) for all Special categories.
- All GEO Members and all organizations within a specific sectoral category are eligible to nominate themselves or others for the GEO SDG Awards.
- Nominations are welcome from GEO Member Countries, GEO Participating Organizations, SDG custodian agencies, GEO Work Programme elements, academic institutions, and a newly added category, GEO Associates, which encompass commercial, non-governmental, not-for-profit, and civil society organizations.
Download the nomination form. Email completed Nomination Forms to: firstname.lastname@example.org.