African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) World AIDS Day Grants 2020 (up to US$2,000)
Deadline: July 13, 2020
Proposals are invited for the African Women’s Development Fund (AWDF) World AIDS Day Grants 2020. AWDF instituted the World AIDS Day (WAD) grants programme to support women’s rights organisations to actively participate in the global campaign and keep African women’s priorities around HIV and AIDS on the African and global agenda.
The programme seeks to support women’s organisations to raise their voices and support the leadership of women living with HIV and AIDS. The WAD programme provides a maximum grant of US$2,000 to women’s rights organisations. The activities must promote women’s rights and involve women in planning and leadership of activities.
- The grant size is a US$2,000. Therefore, eligible projects should have a budget of not more than US$2,000 to be supported by AWDF funds. The grant period will be for 4 months from the date of award.
- Must have been in existence for at least 3 years
- Must be duly registered, at least with its local government structure
- Must be led by a woman and have a focus on Women’s Rights
- Must have the needed organisational structures for effective implementation of the project
- Must have an appreciable financial management system to properly account for funds received
- Must be capable of reporting back on the outcomes of the project
- Must be highly recommended by a donor agency, a grantee or partner of AWDF, a well-known women’s rights organisation or the local government office
- Must complete the necessary application forms
- Must have an annual budget of not more than $100,000
Interested small sized women’s rights organisations should send in their proposals using the required application guidelines to the AWDF secretariat via email to [email protected]; [email protected]; The applicant must also complete and include a financial management assessment form and an outcome form.
For more information, visit AWDF.