Google for Startups Accelerator Canada 2020
Deadline: June 30, 2020
Applications are invited for the Google for Startups Accelerator Canada 2020. The Google for Startups Accelerator Canada is a three-month accelerator program for Seed to Series A Canadian technology startups.
The accelerator is designed to bring the best of Google’s programs, products, people and technology to startups that leverage machine learning and AI in their company today or plan to in the future. In addition to mentorship and technical project support, the accelerator also includes deep dives and workshops focused on product design, customer acquisition and leadership development for founders.
The accelerator runs for a period of 3 months, and will now run as a fully digital program. As part of the Google for Startups Accelerator, selected founders outline the top challenges facing their startup, and are then paired with relevant experts from Google to help solve those challenges. Participating startups receive deep mentorship on technical challenges and machine learning, as well as connections to relevant teams from across Google.
The inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator Canada cohort will be virtual, kicking off after Labour Day on September 8 and will run through November 27. Each accelerator will consist of 8-10 top Canadian-headquartered startups.
Selected startups will receive:
- Equity-free support
- Exclusive invitations to technical bootcamps hosted by Google
- Personalized mentorship and technical support from Google experts
- The opportunity to provide feedback to Google product teams
- The accelerator program is best suited for Seed to Series A revenue generating tech startups that are headquartered in Canada.
- Selected companies should have a minimum of 10+ employees and must be able to have the founder and appropriate team members participate in the virtual programming.
- In order to ensure Google can provide meaningful value, startups should leverage AI/ML technology in their product, service or operations and/or show an interest in leveraging this technology in the future.
The application will take roughly 30 minutes. The questions help to assess your startup over five domains: people, growth, product, technology, and design.
For more information, visit Google for Startups Accelerator Canada.