Teaching Human Rights Fellowship 2020 – Cohort 2
Deadline: July 15, 2020
Applications are open for Cohort 2 of the Teaching Human Rights Fellowship 2020. Teaching Human Rights Fellows are leaders in human rights education in their communities. Fellows bring together groups of community members to learn about and discuss human rights.
Teaching Human Rights Fellows will:
- be publicly recognized for their work on the Human Projects website
- have opportunities to network with current and past fellows
- have opportunities to share about their experience with human rights via blog posts, social media takeovers, and social media features
- have access to all Human Projects educational and community organizing materials
- be provided with a virtual certificate of recognition upon successful completion of the fellowship responsibilities
This fellowship is provided free of cost to participants and does not require any travel to participate.
- Open to individuals from around the world.
- Applicants should have interest in human rights.
- Organize one or more human rights education and discussion sessions with at least 10 total participants
- These sessions can be held in person or remotely
- Follow all local, national, and international regulations related to the COVID-19 pandemic and take all possible precautions to ensure your safety and the safety of participants.
- Join and actively participate in the Teaching Human Rights Fellowship Facebook Group
- Complete the Teaching Human Rights Fellows Information Form
- Complete all required weekly check ins
- Actively participate in scheduled fellow activities such as networking meetings
- Develop a basic program plan – Complete the mid-program check in survey and post-program reporting form
- Provide images and/or stories from the program
- Regularly check email and reply to communication from the Human Projects Team within 48 hours
Decisions will be released by mid August.
For more information, visit Teaching Human Rights.