Fulbright Egyptian Student Program 2021-2022 for Professional Artists (Fully-funded)
Deadline: July 18, 2020
Applications are open for the Fulbright Egyptian Student Program 2021-2022 for Professional Artists. The program provides fully-funded grants for professional artists who wish to conduct field research and/or attend master classes for six to nine months in the U.S.
The scholarships are available in the following fields:
- Applied Arts
- Fine Arts
- Performing Arts
The scholarship grant provides the following:
- Travel Allowance
- Health benefits coverage
- Research and courses fees
- Other allowances
- Egyptian citizenship. Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are ineligible.
- Applicants must be residing in Egypt throughout the application, selection, placement, and pre-departure processes.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants must prove participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions
- Applicants have to successfully complete all the steps of the application, assessment, and selection process and successfully finalize all required procedures.
- The following persons and their immediate family members (i.e. spouses and children) are ineligible to apply during and for a period ending one year following the termination of such employment: employees of the U.S. Department of State; local employees of the U.S. missions abroad who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); employees at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State; as well as Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
Please carefully read the Application Guidelines accessible here
The following are required documents:
- Online Application
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Three Recommendation Letters
- Proof of participation in at least three post-graduate artistic activities or exhibitions (Portfolio)
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
- Scanned copies of any previous U.S. J1 or J2 visas (if applicable)
For more information, visit Fulbright Egyptian Student Program.