Hot Job: Pulitzer Center is hiring an Outreach Assistant
Deadline: July 24, 2020
Applications are open for the Outreach Assistant position at the Pulitzer Center. The Pulitzer Center is looking for a creative, detail-oriented, and high-energy Outreach Assistant to help them organize online and in-person events for the public and their campus partners.
The Pulitzer Center is looking for someone who shares their passion for raising awareness of critical global issues. They are a team of more than 20 deeply committed, hardworking, and entrepreneurial individuals. They work with some of the world’s most talented journalists, photographers, and filmmakers. The events they organize bring them into conversation with students, educators, and the public on the broader societal issues explored in the reporting.
- Organize online and in-person events for the public to highlight the work of Pulitzer Center journalists and partners.
- Build out community-facing programs in regions across the U.S. where the Pulitzer Center is developing new partnerships.
- Assist in organization of online and in-person visits by journalists and staff with their more than 35 campus partners.
- Write and post blogs related to events and Campus Consortium partnerships.
- Work to increase diversity within our campus network by strengthening our partnerships with Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and community colleges, and by expanding to campuses within regions and within communities not well represented.
- Assist in the creation and distribution of promotional materials and resource videos for online and in-person events and visits in conjunction with the communications team.
- Participate in planning and coordination of the Pulitzer Center’s Annual Conference. Conference themes have included gender, conflict transformation, religion and, for 2020, justice (which evolved into an online summer series because of COVID-19).
- Provide database and audience list support for events and related outreach.
- Assist with events for Campus Consortium Reporting Fellows, including the Pulitzer Center’s Annual Reporting Fellows Washington Weekend.
- Assist as needed with maintenance of Reporting Fellows’ records in Salesforce.
- Salary is between $35,000 to $45,000
- The benefit package includes:
- Better-than-average paid time off
- Health care coverage (including medical/dental/vision)
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Transit benefit
- Child care benefits
- Parental leave
- Life&ADD/LTD/STD Insurance
- The ideal candidate is a strong writer who is able to work both independently and with others.
- They also are looking for someone who will bring new ideas to the table.
- Graphic design and multimedia skills a plus.
You will need to create an account and password but this will also allow you to save your application and return to it at a later time.
The application will require you to
- Enter a personal statement of interest (up to 500 words)
- Upload a current resume/CV, and
- Share contact information for three references.
- Additionally, you will be asked to provide one to three samples of your writing, either as links or as a PDF upload. Your written statement should link your passions and experience to this opportunity and how you think that experience can help advance the Pulitzer Center’s mission.
For more information, visit Pulitzer Center.