OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Young Professional Development Program 2020
Deadline: September 21, 2020
Applications are open for the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) Young Professional Development Program 2020. The OPEC Fund’s Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) is a structured two-year program designed to prepare young professionals from the OPEC Fund’s member countries for a career in global development.
They are currently seeking applicants with a passion for and commitment to international development who demonstrate academic excellence and relevant professional experience. They especially want to hear from those with the drive and ambition to help developing countries address their most pressing challenges in the quest for social, environmental and economic progress.
- The YPDP offers training, coaching and mentoring, the opportunity to experience different departments and access to professional networks.
- The program equips young professionals with the skills and knowledge to meet the minimum requirements for an entry-level position with the OPEC Fund.
- The YPDP will enable young professionals to develop an appreciation of how different departments/units contribute to the OPEC Fund’s overall strategic and operational goals. Under the structured talent management program, participants will have the opportunity to contribute to achieving the OPEC Fund’s vision of a world where sustainable development is a reality for all.
- YPDP participants spend at least 50 percent of the program in a ‘home’ department/unit and rotate to other departments for the remainder of their time. This enables participants to broaden their experience and benefit from differing coaching and mentoring styles, while building their professional network.
- After participants have successfully completed the two-year program, they may be offered a job at the OPEC Fund, based on their performance and the business need.
To be selected for the YPDP program, applicants must:
- be an OPEC Fund member country national;
- be 30 years of age, or younger;
- hold a Master’s degree;
- be able to demonstrate outstanding academic credentials;
- be fluent in English and proficient in at least one other language;
- specialize in development, engineering, economics, finance, business administration, law, information technology, human resources or any other discipline relevant to the OPEC Fund’s operations;
- be able to work in an international, multicultural and diverse environment;
- understand the OPEC Fund’s mandate; and
- be willing to work with the OPEC Fund in Vienna for a minimum of two years upon completion of the YPDP, if offered a position.
To apply, candidates must submit:
- A YPDP online application form
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- An application essay (in Word or PDF format)
- Academic certificates and transcripts.
For more information, visit OFID Young Professional Development Program.