Call for Proposals from Filmmakers and Videographers for CAN International Impacts Campaign
Deadline: July 13, 2020
The Climate Action Network (CAN) International seeks to appoint a filmmaker and videographer for their climate impacts campaign. Climate Action Network (CAN) is a worldwide network of over 1300 Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in more than 130 countries, working to promote government and individual action to limit human-induced climate change to ecologically sustainable levels.
The objective of the campaign is to bring about a strong call on governments to raise their climate ambition. Narratives for the videos will be built from the bottom up showing how people are affected, but also how resilient they are and how they are fighting back on the frontlines, despite the situation they find themselves in.
This will provide an opportunity for them to express the solutions they envision and articulate the world we want. Therefore, the videos will end with a positive note and message. The campaign engages CAN’s 20 nodes in filming and reporting climate impacts for the campaign and in the long run. They aim to build on this opportunity to empower and strengthen nodes’ capacity to deliver good quality footage.
CAN invites proposals from eligible filmmakers and videographers to submit expressions of interest to support the campaign through the following activities:
- Develop general guidelines for filming to be presented in 1 or 2 webinars to cover different time zones. The guidelines will address technical matters such as how to hold the camera and build confidence for people to film in tough situations and conditions such as in the midst of a climate disaster.
- Present a sample video for better guidance on what needs to be delivered by nodes.
- Support CAN in editing the videos and ensuring that they are all uniform and visually connected. They all need to look like one big package and of excellent visual quality All videos will need to be subtitled in English. CAN will provide the translations from native languages to English as required.
- Produce one or two short compilation videos that gather all the footage and where a slogan is stated through the various languages and voices with English subtitles.
Expressions of Interest should include, but not be limited to the following:
- Application letter outlining the financial offer and terms.
- A technical proposal with an executive summary and CVs.
- A financial proposal outlining the anticipated costs, activities, milestones and deliverables.
- A detailed plan of work outlining the activities, deliverables, milestones and target completion dates.
- Two references for similar work done.
- Full contact details including email, telephones, addresses, contact persons, and website(s) if any.
- Samples of similar work done that may assist in assessing the technical bid.
Respondents must submit Expressions of Interest via email to Hala Kilani, Senior Communications Officer at [email protected] no later than Monday, July 13, 2020.
For more information, visit CAN International Impacts Campaign.