UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Study at the University of Ghana
Deadline: September 30, 2020
Are you a Ghanaian citizen that is seeking for postgraduate scholarship?Applications are open for the UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme 2020/2021 for Postgraduate Study at the University of Ghana.
The University of Ghana Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting applications for the award of the UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme 2020/2021 for both undergraduate and graduate students in relevant academic fields who are exceptionally brilliant but with dire financial needs.
The UG-Tullow award is a full scholarship which covers
- Tuition, stipend/subsistence/health insurance
- Modest subsidy for equipment (Laptop computer)
- Accommodation for students pursuing 4 years undergraduate programmes and 1 year master’s programmes (but in exceptional circumstances may also include 2 years M.Phil programmes).
The award recipients are expected to maintain excellent academic standards of at least a B average or 3.0 CGPA in order to be in good standing to keep the Scholarship.
- Applicant must be a Ghanaian citizen (indigenes from the Western Region are particularly encouraged to apply).
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Obtained a WASSCE aggregate of 19 or better or a continuing student with CGPA of 3.0 and above.
- Be of a good conduct (i.e. not have any past or pending disciplinary action taken against them).
- Awardees should be in good academic standing (i.e., to be in good academic standing, awardees would have to maintain a CGPA of at least 3.0).
- Meet the standard University of Ghana admission requirements for a full-time regular undergraduate and postgraduate programme. Students intending to study the following Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) programmes listed below are
especially encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview. Applicants will have ten (10) calendar days to confirm acceptance after notification of offer. After this date, it will be assumed that the student is unable to take up the scholarship. University of Ghana reserves the right to refuse or end attribution of the scholarship if any information provided in support of the application is false.
- Applicants are to attach the:
- Required essays
- Copy of academic records (WASSCE grades for undergraduate and academic transcripts for graduate applicants)
- Letters of recommendation and supporting financial need documents.
- Applicants must simultaneously submit applications for admission into the relevant programme at University of Ghana.
Applications for the UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme must be submitted online at: [email protected]
For more information, visit UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship.