UNWTO Sustainable Development Goals Global Startup Competition 2020
Deadline: September 20, 2020
Dive into the world’s largest call to reach the most disruptive startups that directly contribute to accelerate the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Apply for the UNWTO Sustainable Development Goals Global Startup Competition 2020.
Led by the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the UN agency responsible for promoting sustainable, accessible and inclusive tourism, this Competition aims to encourage the global innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem to embrace sustainability and to deliver impact during the United Nations Decade of Action starting this year.
- This Competition features 17 categories, each one representing a Sustainable Development Goal. Each participating startup should select the SDG in which can generate the greatest impact.
Benefits for winning startups include but are not limited to:
- Pitch at a UNWTO Demo Day
- Curated mentorship programme including one-on-one and in-group sessions focused on Intellectual Property (IP), sustainability, business and leadership
- Access to technological support
- Connection to the UNWTO Innovation Network
- Potential pilot project with private sector collaborators and institutions.
Startups from all walks of life, from all over the world and all economic sectors are invited to participate. They must meet the following criteria:
- Be innovative in nature providing value-added solutions
- Be sustainability-driven
- Be scalable: to have potential for international growth and potential to be applied in corporations and destinations (countries, regions)
- Be an Early Stage or Series A startup
- Have a tested pilot and business plan
- Have been accelerated before
- Have a full-time team
All ways of innovation are welcome: new methods, processes, governance models, social impact initiatives, and technologies.
Participating startups will be assessed according to their:
- Contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals
- Ease of value capture via collaboration with the startup
- Potential business impact
- Maturity of the product/technology
- Maturity of the team and the organization
- Partnership readiness
Get ready for your application:
- Keep in mind the category or Sustainable Development Goal you will apply for
- Read the Terms & Conditions of the Competition
- Make an attractive pitch deck in English (no more than 15 slides)
- List your web page, social media users and contact information
For more information, visit UNWTO.