Leventis Fellowship 2020/2021 at the Centre of African Studies of the University of London [Nigerians only]
Deadline: March 31, 2021
Applications are open for the Leventis Fellowship 2020/2021 at the Centre of African Studies of the University of London. The Centre of African Studies of the University of London invites applications from Nigerian academics to take part in a scheme of collaborative research funded by the Leventis Foundation.
The Leventis Research Co-operation Programme is devised to assist younger scholars develop their research interests in collaboration with their counterparts in London. Applicants are invited to apply to spend three months as visitors of the Centre of African Studies in order to pursue their research in libraries and archives and to participate in the intellectual life of the Centre.
- Open to Nigerian academics;
- The scheme might be particularly appropriate for scholars working up a PhD thesis into publishable form.
To be considered for the fellowship, applicants should send the following documents via email to [email protected]
- A complete curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- A statement of current research interests (of not more than 1,000 words) specifying the aims to be achieved during the research period in London
- One academic reference letter supporting the application (sent directly from the email account of the referee to [email protected])
Applications are considered by a Steering Committee in London. Emails will be sent to the applicants informing them of the Committee’s decision soon after the deadline of March 31.
Email applications are preferable, but if you are unable to send your application by email, please post it to:
Ms Angelica Baschiera
Centre of African studies
SOAS University of London
London WC1H 0XG
For more information, visit Leventis Fellowship.