Call for Nominations: North-South Prize of the Council of Europe 2020
Deadline: September 15, 2020
Nominations for the North-South Prize of the Council of Europe 2020 are now open. The North-South Prize is awarded each year since 1995 to two candidates who have stood out for their exceptional commitment to promoting North-South solidarity.
The candidates, preferably a man and a woman, must have distinguished themselves in the following areas: protection of human rights, defence of pluralist democracy, public awareness raising on issues of global interdependence and solidarity. Despite the variety of nationalities and fields of action of those that have received the Prize since its creation, they all have in common a strong commitment to the promotion of global partnership.
- Open to men and women who have stood out for their exceptional commitment to promoting North-South solidarity;
- Applicants should be from any member states of the North-South Centre and Council of Europe.
An organisation or individual may submit nominations, and in particular, the following institutions and individuals are encouraged to do so:
- Member States of the North-South Centre;
- Member States of the Council of Europe;
- Other North-South Centre stakeholders and partners;
- Former winners of the North-South Prize;
- International Organisations.
The Jury of the North-South Prize, which is composed by the members of the Bureau of the Executive Committee of the North-South Centre, will meet in autumn 2020 to select this year’s prize winners.
Nominations should be addressed to the North-South Centre Secretariat, in English or French, providing the identification of the nominees, details regarding their achievements and the relevant supporting documents, namely motivation letters.
For more information, visit North-South Prize.