Restless Development Youth Fund: COVID-19 Action (up to US $5,000)
Deadline: August 16, 2020
Applications for the Restless Development Youth Fund: COVID-19 Action are now open. The Youth Fund: COVID-19 Action (TYF) is a new fund to support youth action around the world, where the decisions on which projects are funded, are made by the youth. The fund is supported by the UN Major Group for Children and Youth, ActionAid and Restless Development in collaboration with UNFPA.
This first call for applications will focus on supporting actions taken by registered youth-led organisations to tackle the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic as part of the Compact for Young People in Humanitarian Action’s Youth Compact Champions programme.
- Successful applicants will receive funding for the project up to a maximum of US$5,000.
- Your project must take place in one or more of the following countries where the The Youth Fund partners are present: Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Argentina, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, USA, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Thailand, Denmark, Greece, Italy, United Kingdom, Algeria, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Qatar, Somalia, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia, Yemen.
- You must be a registered youth-led organisation (young leaders aged approximately 18-35). Your registration can be with your relevant local authority or government ministry. Funding will not be provided to individuals.
- Your COVID-19 project must be an ongoing initiative in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, and operating in accordance with WHO’s guidance. This funding will not support new projects.
- The project activities must not exceed 2 months. All activities must be completed by November 31, 2020 upon receipt of funds.
- They will prioritise projects which will use the funds to support groups and communities particularly vulnerable to the impact of COVID-19 including but not limited to displaced or conflict affected people, women, youth, persons living with disabilities, older people, LGBTI+ community, marginalised ethnic or religious communities, communities impact by climate change, young people living with or affected by HIV/Aids.
- Preference will be given to projects taking place in harder to reach locations where support to tackle the impact of COVID-19 is less available.
- Preference will be given to projects which demonstrate collaboration with other partners (local authorities, government ministries, civil society, the media) tackling COVID-19.
- Preference will be given to projects that impact at least 300 people directly.
- They will prioritize organisations who can provide financial reports for their organisation’s previous projects.
- All organisations submitting an application must have a bank account that is in the name of the organisation submitting the application and requesting the funds. Funds cannot be transferred to a bank account in an individual’s name. Funds can only be transferred via an international bank transfer and not via any other means such as Western Union, mobile cash transfer, cheque, cash payment, etc.
Fill and submit the form by the deadline. This includes a request to submit the following information under the “Supporting Documents” section:
- Documentation to verify the legal status of your organisation
- Governance Document: You should provide us with information on your organisation, objectives, leadership/governance structure
- Policy and Strategy Documents: If available, sets out the organisation’s commitments and regulations which the organisation follows and it’s strategic vision. For example, Anti-Corruption and Fraud policy, Gender Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation or a 3 years strategic plan.
- Project Plan: Sets out the background, objective, operations, the methodology and activity plan of your COVID-19 project.
- Budget – You should have a clear plan of how you would use the funds to support your project
- Financial Report: Your latest latest financial report which was submitted to your government, or the authority you are registered with, as part of your annual reporting process. If this is not available please submit an equivalent financial report showing your most recent income and expenditure.
- Contact details for at least 1 reference
- Images/Video Link which highlights your organisation’s project impact to date
- Organisational bank details
The application form in available in:
For more information, visit Restless Development.