Deadline: September 6, 2020
Applications are open for the UNITAR Social Entrepreneurship Training Programme for Women 2020. The UNITAR Social Entrepreneurship Training Programme for Women aims to empower women with the knowledge and skills of entrepreneurship and mentor them to develop self-led entrepreneurial initiatives and solutions (social or commercial) that will harness digital technologies to address socio-economic challenges in their respective countries.
The overall course is designed to encourage participants to take action across six areas:
- Nurture an Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Find a Problem Worth Solving
- Build a Scalable and Sustainable Enterprise
- Lead and Manage for Growth
- Craft the Competitive and Risk Strategy
- Foster Enterprise-Wide Innovation
By the end of this training, following the completion of webinars, along with e-courses, participants should be able to:
- Evaluate (social) entrepreneurship in the context of their country’s sustainable growth and development;
- Appraise their own entrepreneurial and leadership style and motivations;
- Implement a design thinking methodology to identify and solve issues or needs through (social) entrepreneurship and innovation;
- Formulate and test each element of the business model for a (social) entrepreneurial venture;
- Lead the creation of a culture and practice of innovation at organizational level;
- Apply contemporary leadership and management practices to dynamic entrepreneurial contexts;
- Outline key elements of stakeholder identification, integration, engagement and enrolment in financing new ventures, building partnerships and the co-founding team;
- Apply impactful communication techniques to various contexts;
- Develop a competitive strategy for their venture.
- Discuss the key components of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- Outline existing opportunities and challenges in regard to promoting gender equality;
- Explore how Covid-19 pandemic affected every aspect of our life and what challenges and opportunities it presented to both early stage entrepreneurs and established business leaders.
- Open to young and motivated early-stage female entrepreneurs and established female business leaders interested in building new ventures, utilizing existing Information and Communication Technologies, or scale-up existing businesses;
- Applicants should be based in Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan, Somalia;
- Be between 18 and 40 years;
- Deep interest in entrepreneurship and frontier technology;
- Good oral and written English skills; and
- Have keen passion to learn by doing and highly motivated to succeed to provide positive impact to the society.
To apply for this programme, you will need to complete the below steps:
- Create a SurveyMonkey account (if you don’t have one already)
- Complete the Eligibility Criteria Survey
- Start, complete and Submit your Application Form