Konrad Adenauer Foundation International Affairs Internship 2021
Deadline: September 15, 2020
Applications are open for the Konrad Adenauer Foundation International Affairs Internship 2021. Since 1999 KAS has funded an internship programme, run by South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA) in conjunction with the University of the Witwatersrand.
This internship programme provides successful candidates with the opportunity of enrolling for a Masters degree by course work in International Relations, Development Studies, Political Science, Economics, Law or Journalism at Wits, while simultaneously working at South African Institute of International Affairs (SAIIA). The duration of the internship is from February to November each year.
KAS also funds an internship programme in conjunction with SAIIA’s Cape Town branch and the University of Cape Town. It is essential that any applicant to the SAIIA/KAS Cape Town-based scholarship must apply to, and be admitted into the UCT Politics Department’s Masters Programme (which includes five separate streams, namely: Public Policy and Admin; Political Science; International Relations; Justice and Transformation; and Politics, Philosophy & Economics).
The programme is output-focused and the KAS-SAIIA scholars, who are assigned to mentors, generally go on to high-profile and high-powered positions in public and private life. The scholars are supported in honing their methodological, research and writing skills, and are encouraged to:
- Co-publish newspaper articles on topics relevant to the work of SAIIA and their studies;
- Co-author articles in SAIIA publications; and
- Improve their presentation and organisational skills.
- Successful candidates receive a full bursary for their tuition fees and a monthly stipend to cover their living costs and accommodation.
- The successful applicants have to meet the entry requirements for a Masters degree at Wits, namely a minimum average of 70%;
- Should not be older than 30 years.
To apply, kindly forward the following information by email to [email protected]:
- A letter of motivation outlining your research interests and how you hope to use the skills gained at SAIIA in the long term;
- A full CV;
- Two written references (with names, addresses and phone numbers);
- June Honours degree results and academic transcripts of previous degrees; and
- One example of written work not exceeding 2500 words on a topic of your choice.
For more information, visit Konrad Adenauer Foundation.