Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit 2021 (Fully-funded to Munich, Germany)
Deadline: September 25, 2020
Applications are open for the Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit 2021. Through this scholarship, Novartis wants to extend their culture of curiosity and ‘unbossed’ mentality to create an opportunity for young leaders outside of their company who have a passion for healthcare and are initiating change to create a better and healthier world.
The scholarship supports young social entrepreneurs and their local/global initiatives to help accelerate their leadership journey. This scholarship is for young leaders whose focus is on supporting, advancing, and/or solving issues in the health care space including mental health, like health care professionals, nurses, volunteers of health care organizations, medical students.
Scholars will receive:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2021 in Munich, Germany which takes place from 23 – 26 April.
- Hotel accommodation during the summit.
- Travel to and from Munich (economy).
- All meals covered (includes breakfast, lunch and dinner on conference days).
- Transport between Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Summit hand-outs and support materials.
- Provide a forum to pitch and share your initiatives within the Novartis organization.
- A mentorship program with Novartis employee(s).
- Pre-summit meeting or lunch with the OYW Novartis delegation.
- Applicants should be between the ages 18 – 30 years;
- Nationals of all countries are eligible to apply for this scholarship;
- Applicants cannot be employed by Novartis;
- Applicants must demonstrate positive impact in the healthcare sector in some capacity.
- Novartis will select 10 scholars form a shortlist of candidates provided by One Young World.
- Candidates will be evaluated based on the following:
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership.
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change within healthcare and health based initiatives.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
- Addressing key local and/or global health care issues in your work.
- Having a good understanding of global issues.
- Skills: collaborator, creative, enthusiastic, challenges the status quo.
A pre-selection of the candidates will be done by OYW based on the above criteria. This shortlist of candidates will be invited for an online leadership test (duration: approx. 1 hour), followed by an interview with Novartis representatives.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
For more information, visit Novartis Reimagining Healthcare Scholarship.