Climate Journalism Mentorship 2020 for Young Media Professionals ($150 stipend monthly)
Deadline: September 4, 2020
Would you like to join a 3-month media mentorship with an experienced team of climate journalists and expand your network and publishing profile? Apply for the Climate Journalism Mentorship 2020.
Climatetracker.org has launched an online training programme which will see 12 young journalists from around the world dive into a paid 3-month mentorship with them. As a selected participant, you will be challenged and supported to publish one climate feature story each month on their site. Your stories will be shared and promoted throughout their networks as well. Their aim is to make you famous for the awesome climate messages you produce. Exciting, right?
All the while, you’ll also be a part of a diverse media mentorship programme, undergoing a range of connected training and collaborations covering social media engagement, data and visual journalism, and podcasting. A great chance to sharpen your new media skills to amplify your journalism and boost your marketability.
Your Commitment as A Selected Fellow
Once selected, they will get the ball rolling really quickly! Here’s a taste of what you’ll be jumping straight into:
- Pitching and publishing a Feature climate story each month for Climate Tracker’s site, with original photos – including one collaborative Feature in the 3rd month.
- Managing a twitter thread, and taking over CT’s twitter once per month to discuss your story or other news from your region.
- One Instagram live session throughout the 3 months.
- One podcast interview throughout the 3 months, highlighting their story and sharing audio clips from their interviews.
- Guest writing one Climate Weekly newsletter over the course of the 3 months.
Not only is this a great opportunity to build your network around the world and engage with journalists beyond your country/region, it’s a fantastic chance to gain hands-on experience in reporting on climate change and sustainability issues.
- Fellows will receive a $150USD stipend per month for the duration of the Fellowship.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Be 18-35 years old.
- 1 year of journalism experience minimum.
- A hunger to improve as journalists – this is a learning experience.
- A history of writing quality climate stories.
- Ability to take good quality photos.
The application deadline is September 4, 2020. They are reviewing applications as you read this, so make haste and apply TODAY!
For more information, visit Climatetracker.